Today I'm going to share some of my favourite units of measurement.
1. The mickey. One mickey is equal to the smallest detectable amount that a computer mouse can move.
2. Sheds, Barns and Outhouses. These are nuclear physics units, used to quantify the scattering cross-section of very small particle.
3. The nibble. One nibble is 4 bits, or half a byte.
4. The shake. 10 nanoseconds. As in "of a lamb's tail".
5. The jiffy. A computing term, measuring the duration of one tick of the system timer interrupt. About 0.01 seconds.
6. The microfortnight. 1.2096. Created by nerds to stop people whinging about how things that were supposed to take only a "second" didn't actually take exactly a second.